VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by xandman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok these games will run fine in xp but i cannot seem to get the resolution down to 640x480 to give full screen size. im using multiple monitors the second being my tv and when i first selected the second monitor it said in the display properties that it was 640x480 which was great i was then able to play phant fullscreen on my tv, however when for some reason i put it back up to 800 x 600 it then refused to go back to 640x480! both on my tv and original monitor which never did 640 x 480 in the first place [except on my old win98 comp]
so after a lot of swearing and throwing things i then found out about the compatibility option in the properties menu of programme [exe, etc] files, i then selected run as windows 95, run in 640x480, 256 colours - which is what the games are designed for. but still upon running the games it will not switch to 640x480, the closest i got was running autoplay with the compatibility 640x480 on but ofcourse as soon as u click play gk2 it technicaly quits autoplay, and runs sierraw.exe hence going back to 800x600!

all that in short - i cannot put my resolution to 640x480 in xp - can sum1 please help - cheers

Reply 1 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

After I replaced my monitor, I lost the ability of Compatibility Mode to set the display down to 640x480, so when I need 640x480, I just go to the advanced display settings and set the display down manually.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 3, by xandman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

cheers - well the display properties just wont go lower than 800x600. i can put the maximum resolution down to 640x480 on the advanced display properties by unchecking use ddc info, but then it just makes the screen to big for the monitor so for eg when u put the cursor to th top of the screen it shifts up