VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What it deserves:

*Widescreen Mode: a rough version is already existing: https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=ht … n-fix/downloads
-but due to "d3d9.dll" you can't use this AND ReShade together (and ReShade really shines in this game, try Adaptive Sharpen + SMAA + some Gamma rebalance)

*Widescreen HUD mod
-with a convenient scaling

*Shadow hack
-to increase their resolution (and add some smoothing)

*Retexture project (badly needed, maybe some simple noise+dithering to start)
-and so the tool to access the resources of the game (3 "rkv" files)

Reply 1 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It would be nice to just completely rid the "white" forced brightness that can't be disabled at the least. It's what turned me away from this game 11 years ago, that and the peak securom/starforce DRM paranoia

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 4, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Project Snowblind is a good game, at least if you like linear first person shooters with varied weapons, some good gimmicks (I love how you can hack and remote control security robots, and also enter and control large mechs, for example) and an OK but not great story-line. Sadly it's too easy (voluntary save points are too frequent) and is the only first person shooter I can name that has no skill selector. Plus when it came out, the PC version was a nightmare to get running on some systems. Fortunately the XBox version (original XBox) ran fine, my only complaints being the lack of skill settings, and no bots (computer controlled opponents) in multiplayer, but then few games have bots, sadly).