VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
i trying to make working Dark Earth on Windows 7 64bit, i managed install it on Windows 98 virtual machine and good news that is possible copy folder with installed game
to Windows 7 and its running, at least to menu, when i have this error:
Libsys Error:
LS ERROR:8 Bmap Error: Bitmove256 DDERR_OUTOFMEMORY error

Probably too much memory RAM or VRAM something like that.

I have triad all compatibility modes and i disabled HiDPI, visual themes etc..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 2 of 6, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks,
but could you be more specific how to use it? I read on their page that it not working with too many programs..

I have installed it, used default configuration, i got black screen, but sounds and keys are working..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 3 of 6, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ruthan wrote:

Thanks,
but could you be more specific how to use it? I read on their page that it not working with too many programs..

I have installed it, used default configuration, i got black screen, but sounds and keys are working..

It should work with the default configuration, if it doesn't maybe there's a compatibility issue with your GPU and DXGL. Try removing any compatibility modes you're using, if you haven't already.

Reply 4 of 6, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Its working, now only thing im missing is english manual, i bough only cheap cd. I checked ebay and there also only not manual version, i doubt that manual was only digital, i didnt find it on disks..

Last edited by ruthan on 2018-08-09, 15:54. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 6 of 6, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

Never knew about this tool. Thanks. Using the ddraw.dll from the MS folder included with dgVoodoo v2.53 and this tool for aspect correction I actually got my old copy of Blood Omen Legacy of Kain working properly including the FMVs in Windows 7 64 in conjunction with the BO:LoK v2.0 unofficial patch.