VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I am running Windows 10 Anniversary and I have been running the Infernal machine just fine using a 64bit installer from a german site then for some reason today it stopped working entirely did a fresh re-installation of windows and it still just crashes at start up with it randomly maybe running once every 100 tries. Tried using DGvoodoo still will not help. Anyone have any ideas? In case someone asks I am using the same graphics drivers that worked fine before and they are the most up to date drivers.

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 1 of 2, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Presbytier wrote:

it still just crashes at start up with it randomly maybe running once every 100 tries.

If it still runs at all, that sounds like it might be some sort of speed issue. Maybe try slowing down your CPU one way or another? The other possibility would be some sort of memory access problem.

Way back in the day people used to suggest starting up Windows Media Player before starting up Indiana Jones, but Windows 10 is so completely different that it seems unlikely that will still help here.

Reply 2 of 2, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Figured it out the culprit is the new Razer Man O War gaming headset. Whenever the headset is even just plugged in it causes any game pre DX9 to instantly crash.

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood