VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gagster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having a strange issue while booting up Far Cry on my other PC. Even though the multiplayer works without issues on my main PC for reasons unknown, my other/spare PC is doomed to have problems with this game. I have both tried the GoG version and the Steam version, the same issue appears on both versions. The issue I am talking about is some kind of "restless legs" syndrome the player character has while moving in-game, that only happens in the multiplayer portion of the game. As soon as I take a step forward while pointing the weapon crosshair forward and suddenly stops walking, the character still moves forward continuously without ever stopping. The character moves very, very slowly forward, like at a snails pace. But this is not supposed to happen, and this does not happen while playing the single player portion of the game.

My spare PC (where I run into this issue) runs Windows 10 64 bit, has 8gb ram, i5-4690K CPU and a GTX 780 GPU. I have even tried patching the game to 64 bit patches for the game, and even used the user created mod FCAM, and the problem still persists. My main PC (Windows 10 64 bit, 16 gb ram, i7-4790K and a GTX 1080 GPU) has never had issues running the multiplayer portion of the game, even when the GTX 780 GPU was in this computer. I just recently updated with the newest Nvidia drivers on both my PCs (376.09), and Windows is updated on both devices.

I tried about a year ago to fix this, but since this issue is only on my spare rig, I had no logic explanation for why this happens. The game does have it's own console window to type in commands and such, but I have even used google and have not encountered people asking the very same question and getting an answer.

Any possible suggestions to fix this, and have any of you encountered the very same issue as I have in the multiplayer portion of the game?

CPU: i7-4790K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080