VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by marzsyndrome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since obtaining a GeForce GTX 750 Ti a couple of weeks ago, I was testing all my previous DxWnd configs for select games through it and was dismayed to discover that what previously looked smooth and beautiful through my Intel HD Graphics 2000, now came across as awkwardly jagged and pixellated in an inaccurate manner through the GTX. It would appear that a key part of what worked for me previously was the way in which some bilinear filtering (a modest amount, not too much) would be applied to the picture even without actually enabling such filtering within DxWnd's myriad of options, provided I didn't enable both Aero options also (as it would sharpen everything up). This does not happen on the GPU, and having switched back and forth between onboard and GPU, I can confirm this is an issue with GeForce. I did look in the nVidia Control Panel and tried all of the various 3D settings such as anti-aliasing, but it didn't make an iota of difference.

I do not know if there is a way to make GeForce's filtering behave more like Intel's - I can only hope the option is just hidden away from public access or something and can be set manually by other means. nVidia Inspector didn't appear to do much in the way of anything except repeat many of the same options that I saw in the official Control Panel. And to think upgrading to an actual GPU would've been the infinitely better option - I only made the plunge after being sick of certain emulators not working or providing proper OpenGL goodness otherwise, as well as to get away from this "misplaced pixels" issue I randomly saw with certain display configurations in certain programs.

And no, switching between Display and GPU scaling doesn't make an ounce of difference - besides, I use DxWnd precisely to avoid such literal scaling to begin with since I prefer the 'overlay' approach that it provides.

Any ideas? I'm not too sure if there's anything that needs to be added to DxWnd itself (and I don't know if it deserves to be too bloated in the long run options-wise).

(For the record, I've also posted this on the actual DxWnd forum to see what they have to say too.)