Common searches

Myst

Topic actions

First post, by Kicklighter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Maybe it's a stuppid question but is it possible to run Myst with Quicktime 5 instead with the Quicktime which comes with the install cd? I already checked the internet for it and it seems inpossible or maybe not?

Thanks,

Kicklighter

Reply 1 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I positively know that you *CAN* have two different QT versions installed in your computer at the same time, e.g, 2.x and latest one. Some older games may require the old QT to be installed. 😁

Reply 4 of 6, by Kicklighter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You are right I was able to install it under Quicktime 6.5.1 but the game doesn't look like it suppose to be. Maybe it's an option to install Win 3.1 under dosbox and than install the game on top of it but if that's work I really don't know.

Reply 5 of 6, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What is crappovision mode? realMYST is the shit.

I've attached the necessary QuickTime 2 files so that you don't have to have all the extra crap laying around in your system directory (you can usually just copy these files to the game's directory and it'll work without a problem). Quicktime <=2 are incompatible with Quicktime >=3 (I think QT3 was the first that did not have a 16-bit version) so you'll need both either installed, or at the least, have the QT2 files in the game's directory.

Attachments

• Filename
    QuickTime 2.0.rar
    File size
    2.37 MiB
    Downloads
    324 downloads
    File comment
    QuickTime 2.0.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 6 of 6, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Crappovision appears to be something approximating 8-bit colours and a shrunken screen. I'll take a screenie when I reinstall it to show you. As for realMYST - I'd love it, but it was never released here 🙁

Thanks for the files, I'll give it a try.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem