VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi. Very recently I picked up a copy of Westwood's Blade Runner from my local Goodwill. I followed a guide on play-old-PC-games on playing Blade Runner on Windows 7, and even with the custom installer, I really can't for the life of me get it to work. All that happens every time I try to run the game (even with the replaced HDFRAMES file) is this:
BLADE_zpsnrc8adf3.png

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Reply 1 of 24, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Scroll down to Westwood. http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3925

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 24, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The HDFRAMES.DAT is the main archive of the game's data.It is not legal to distribute. That installer also does not contain compatibility fixes.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 8 of 24, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keenmaster486 wrote:

We're gonna need system specs and software configuration to properly diagnose your problem.

Specs:
ASUSTek Build of Windows 7 x64 (Service Pack 1)
6GB RAM
Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.50ghz
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000

Reply 13 of 24, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Try installing from the original discs in case there is something wrong with the images.

Reply 17 of 24, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I recently picked up the rare Blade Runner game DVD which was a pack-in with Packard Bell computers I believe only in Europe. It's nice to have the game on one DVD rather than four CDs. Of course I imaged it as to not wear out the DVD.

If you ever run across this rare DVD cheap, grab it.

bladerunnerpcdvd.jpg
Filename
bladerunnerpcdvd.jpg
File size
317.58 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 18 of 24, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That link is not exactly legal, given that the file they have for download is essentially the entirety of the game's data. It does nothing that my installer doesn't do, except that mine does not need the intact main data file. Mine only requires the original CDs to install.

Reply 19 of 24, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
collector wrote:

That link is not exactly legal, given that the file they have for download is essentially the entirety of the game's data. It does nothing that my installer doesn't do, except that mine does not need the intact main data file. Mine only requires the original CDs to install.

What link?

The modified installer was very helpful and very necessary for my setup as with many other systems as well. Hence, why the new installer was developed. Glad everything works for you out of the box, but that is not the case with everyone.

Last edited by liqmat on 2017-09-02, 16:38. Edited 1 time in total.