VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Azurex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've recently been trying to play through the first Driver game on PC, and I've noticed two things that really stick out and hinder the experience.:

1) The draw distance is atrocious, and there doesn't seem to be any other way to increase it?
2) The controls are incredibly unresponsive compared to the PlayStation version. Vehicles handle like boats, and are much more difficult to drive. Is there a way to remedy this?

Are there any fixes for either of these two problems? I'm running the game on Windows 10, if that helps any. Everything else otherwise works, aside from the volume sliders being completely useless.

Reply 2 of 2, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For the vehicle handling, try turning the Auto Handbrake option on (or Off if it is on by default). There is also something called fast steer which makes the handling... Different. This Is a hold button, can't remember what the default button is! I think the idea is you hold the button down to make the car more direct at low speed?

View distance can be increased in game by pressing f2 repeatedly and decreased by pressing f1.

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC