VOGONS

Common searches

Disney Hercules Action Game (CDDA W10 position issue)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by DCX6723

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everybody,

I'm able to play Disney Hercules Action Game on Windows 10 and have been able to patch the game in order to play CDDA music from _INMM.DLL.
However, the game is based on only one big music file (more than 200 mo of music data in one), and if I start a new level, the music file is played from the beginning every time.

Basically, the cursor position of the music file is not sent or not understood by the _INMM.DLL (which send music to winamp).

I wonder if there is a particular patch to apply to this game, a custom setting or if someone achieved audio support on modern windows for that game.

Else, the game plays fine on PCem despite having loud CDDA music unfortunatly by a software bug.

Thanks for the help!

Reply 3 of 4, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

CDDA should just work in this game, try playing an unmodified version of the game and make sure your Hercules CD is in your FIRST CD drive, that is the first drive letter of all your CD drives, virtual or real. Old games care about this.

You won't get any volume control that way, but honestly? Why not just create a new CD image and change the volume of the track itself? It's hacky, but a saner use of time than trying to do it "the right way".

Reply 4 of 4, by DCX6723

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote:

CDDA should just work in this game, try playing an unmodified version of the game and make sure your Hercules CD is in your FIRST CD drive, that is the first drive letter of all your CD drives, virtual or real. Old games care about this.

You won't get any volume control that way, but honestly? Why not just create a new CD image and change the volume of the track itself? It's hacky, but a saner use of time than trying to do it "the right way".

Removing the PowerISO Drive by default fixed the bug, big thanks, I didn't knew at all about this!

For PCem, the tips was to reduce the in-game music volume through the options due to being too much louder by the emulator but good tip, I prefer to avoid editing the original files.

Thanks again!