VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by azbayd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I have installed dgVoodoo 2.52 but I have an issue on a game Project IGI.
This error is appear after starting that game exe : This application requires DirectX version 7.0 or greater to run
How to solve ?
My DirectX version is 11
Thanks in advance

Reply 2 of 4, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try and see if it works with WineD3D. The latest version has better performance, but you can't alt-tab out without the game closing when you tab back in. To install it, extract ddraw.dll, libwine.dll and wined3d.dll to game's directory. It takes a while before it starts. According to your post in the other thread, you have PowerVR SGX 545 GPU. I don't know how decent OpenGL support this card has. It may hold you back because WineD3D translates Direct3D calls to OpenGL.

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 3 of 4, by azbayd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
UCyborg wrote:

Try and see if it works with WineD3D. The latest version has better performance, but you can't alt-tab out without the game closing when you tab back in. To install it, extract ddraw.dll, libwine.dll and wined3d.dll to game's directory. It takes a while before it starts. According to your post in the other thread, you have PowerVR SGX 545 GPU. I don't know how decent OpenGL support this card has. It may hold you back because WineD3D translates Direct3D calls to OpenGL.

Many thanks for your reply...I will try to install WineD3D...The Intel PowerVR SGX545 GPU supports OpenGL 2.1

Reply 4 of 4, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Let us know how it works. I couldn't get this game to work decently at all natively (performance issues), and even with dgVoodoo it feels a bit clunky, though it seems the game was always like that. The only thing I'm concerned about is whether you'll be able to get OK performance with WineD3D. Hopefully, I'm just too paranoid! 😁

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.