VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Phobos Anomaly

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I want to be able to play Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay Director's Cut because I prefer that version over the Assault on Dark Athena remake.
However, I haven't been able to do so on my Windows 10 machine since I had Windows XP. And downgrading for just one game is a far stretch.

Last edited by Phobos Anomaly on 2017-04-24, 21:16. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 8, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I played through the entire game (original Director's Cut release) and its sequel about 6 months ago and didn't have many issues. What seems to be the problem? This might be helpful:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Chronicles_o … rom_Butcher_Bay

Reply 2 of 8, by Phobos Anomaly

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It just wouldn't start. At all. This was before the Creator's Update, perhaps it works better now. The Director's Cut is SO much better, GOG should've sell that one instead. Now they sell neither because Atari.

Reply 3 of 8, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I liked it better myself. Well, there's this: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Chronicles_o … rash_on_startup

I don't remember if it crashed on my system, I certainly had an issue with my mouse movement which I fixed. I do remember that Pixel Shader 3 was locked out for me, so I just picked Shader Model 2+ (I think that was the option). Perhaps you could google search how to force Shader Model 2 in the game?

Reply 4 of 8, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I fixed it by running the exe in the Win32_x86 folder
renamed to mohaa.exe (to avoid the gl extension bug dont remember if this is necessary)
also try the exe's in other folders

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 5 of 8, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh yeah, that's right. By default it's trying to run the x64 version. Remember that? It was actually one of the first games to be released with a 64bit executable, I remember looking at the benchmarks and analysis' at the time 😁.