VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by rabu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know some one here will know what to do! 😀

Game starts fine, intro video is fine, problems start in game flying. I get severe distorted areas, inside the cockpit, and from external view, areas of landscape are zebra stripes distorted bright colors, etc.
Sound is fine, fps is good, no other problems or crashes that I noticed in the brief times I tried to fly.
Reminds me of the distortions I used to get running RedBaron3d when the game couldn't handle the load in Glide.

I have a Dell 4600 P4, 1gb ram, GForce FX5200, SB Live 5.1, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 USB stick, Win XP Home

I tried turning down the game options for quality of video, etc. -no good
Have tried changing the exe to Win 98 compatibility and it doesn't help.

Thnaks,

rabu ..{|8~'

Reply 2 of 2, by rabu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, I got it working... I had dl'd the newest driver from NVidia, who makes the 5200fx card Dell supplied with the computer. I followed the directions, uninstalled the existing drivers, exited all programs, etc. and installed the Nvidea driver. NVidia calls their driver a "Forceware" universal driver for all their cards, but it apparently isn't. After some digging, I found out that some companies use their own tweeks for the Nvidea cards, and apparently, Dell does just that. After dl of the Dell newest driver and installing it, Jane's WWII Fighters is working fine. 🤣

rabu ..{|8~'