VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by GeeWhiz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I've just tried to install and play Red Alert 2 and Yuri Revenge. I have no problem with installation Red Alert 2 (Win 10/64 bit), and I've resolved all problems with playing this game - freezing etc.

Unfortunately I can't install Yuri Revenge. After I double-click on setup.exe - I have black screen, I hear sounds, music, I think I even can use keyboard, but the problem is that I see nothing. When I use Windows key to back to desktop and then I try to go back to installation game, sometimes I see half/cut installation game menu or red mouse cursor. I've already tried to change setup.exe compatibilities - but it didn't help. I also read about similar problems, but most of them are connected with the playing the game, not installing.

I will be thankful for any suggestions.

Reply 2 of 2, by GeeWhiz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, generally I have only notebooks with win7/win 10. But another person suggest my to install xwis multiplayer for yuri's revenge, which may included all yuris' revenge files, but after completing installation of this, when I launch the game I have only cutted game menu layout, without any buttons.

Edit: Finally I think I found resolution of that problem with a great job guys from CnCNet.

I am not sure at all what helped, but:

1. I Installed XWIS Multiplayer (Yuri Revenge) + Music Files for YR and WOLAPI.
2. Installation CnCNet YR Launcher.
3. Changing graphic card from Intel to ATI Radeon.
4. Changing game compatibilities to: Win XP SP2, (Turn on): Limited colors 16-bit, run as administrator, disable display scaling...
5. Changing game display in YR Client CnCNet: 1280 x 720 (In-Game Resolution), and (Renderer) TS - DDRAW