VOGONS

First post, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just tried NFS: Most Wanted but disappointed in it so far because you can't access all the cars, no cheats seem to be available either. Is there another NFS for XP that will let you have complete access to the cars- Carbon maybe? Call me lazy, just don't want to mess with the career mode and all that.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1 of 6, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

NFS: Underground was always my favourite. I believe there's a widescreen patch for it, too. Cheats: http://uk.ign.com/wikis/need-for-speed-underground/PC_Cheats

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 2 of 6, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I loved NFS Most Wanted,
Maybe there is a Savegame with all Cars ?
I am sure there are Unlockers to give you access to all cars.
I also had a Trainer for endless slow motion time... so you can win every Race.

Underground und Underground 2 are also very great Games

Reply 4 of 6, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
collector wrote:

Probably belongs in Marvin given that your OS is so old. Software

Guess I'm not hip on what goes where regarding the software side of things. Actually almost put it in Millways, if someone wants to move the post feel free to do so.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 5 of 6, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Buckeye pm me your email and I can send you a savegame for most wanted with access to all cars
my favourite nfs xp game is Hot Pursuit 2
ps: I didnt like carbon or pro street
I wasnt a huge fan of underground either, no more long open tracks only short inner city tracks and they got rid of the supercars
and introduced all that vinyl nonsense

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 6 of 6, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
buckeye wrote:
collector wrote:

Probably belongs in Marvin given that your OS is so old. Software

Guess I'm not hip on what goes where regarding the software side of things.

"Very Old Games On New Systems" is the forum name and "DOS - Getting old DOS games working" and "Windows - Getting old Windows games working" were among the first forums made here at VOGONS back in 2002. "On New Systems" was ASSUMED.

Ergo:
- Want to talk old Win3.1/95/98/Me games on NT-based OS's (natively) and all the patches etc. you'll need? Go to "Windows" in "The Guide".
- Want to talk old DOS games on NT-based OS's (natively through NTVDM "command line" environment on 32-bit) and various patches? Go to "DOS" in "The Guide". (This forum almost pre-exists the rise of DOSBox, so...)
- Want to talk about getting a specific game going in DOSBox specifically? go to "DOSBox Games/Apps" in "DOSBox"
- Want to talk about using any emulator at all to get a PC game running? You may want to go to "PC Emulation"
and times change. Newer OS's than XP have been released since 2002, which is why we'll allow talking about getting a Windows XP game going in Windows 10 in "Windows" in "The Guide".

... but none of that is set up for the people who want to run OLD games on OLD systems.

That's why Marvin was created.

To talk running specific games on the operating systems they were designed for, you can go to "Software" in the "Marvin" forum.

You have been asking about running games designed for Windows XP on Windows XP, therefore that's where this thread needs to go. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto