VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So basically, I want to show this game to a friend of mine, but have been unsuccessful with installing it in Windows 7. Because the actual installer is 16bit, I copied all of the DLLs and the one EXE file in the program folder on the CD to C:\Hasbro\Othello, and it tells me to insert the CD even though it is. Next, I installed the game fine in a Windows XP VM and copied the C:\Hasbro\Othello folder the game installed to my host C drive and also the registry entry it made to my host PC, as well. It still just says to use Setup. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply 2 of 6, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

Is the drive letter of your CD drive in your XP VM the same as the drive letter of your CD drive on your host PC?

I changed the drive letter on the VM to the same as on my host. Didn't really help much. I think all it does in checking for the drive is a shortcut it places on the start menu and that directs to the CD because the actual program is kept on it.

Reply 3 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sometimes CD checks fail because older programs were not written with the expectation that someone would have more than one optical drive. Do you have more than one optical drive on your host PC (including virtual drives like Daemon Tools) ?

Reply 4 of 6, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

Sometimes CD checks fail because older programs were not written with the expectation that someone would have more than one optical drive. Do you have more than one optical drive on your host PC (including virtual drives like Daemon Tools) ?

Yes. I have one physical drive and a MagicDisc one.

Reply 6 of 6, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

Okay, so which drive are you using for this game? And have you tried using the other drive?

I used the MagicDisc drive, and I also tried my actual disc drive and it didn't help anything.