VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As the title says I get this error every time I try to go to a new level. I have other idtech 4 engine games (quake 4, Prey) and do not see similar errors at all.
I am running
Windows 10 Creators update
x-fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro

Here is a screenshot of the error screen

Doom 3 06.03.2017 - 10.37.41.01.png
Filename
Doom 3 06.03.2017 - 10.37.41.01.png
File size
240.02 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 3 of 5, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So if I run the game using Dhewm source port I have no issues. Definitely not ideal but it works. I tested both the Steam release and the Retail CD release and had the issue both times. Google seems to bring up nothing on the issue as well. It is definitely odd as no other OpenAL game gives me any issues in Windows 10 using the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty.

Reply 4 of 5, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are you sure Dhewm is using your system installed OpenAL and not something provided with it? Most open source projects use OpenALSoft and not Creative OpenAL.

I had a Creative X-Fi Titanium HD (PCI express bridge chipped EMU20k2 card) and Doom 3 ran just fine with it with the last OpenAL that Creative released to the public, though I was on Windows 7. I'm not entirely sure how well Creative OpenAL even works on Windows 10 let alone the audio drivers themselves.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 5 of 5, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dhwem is using OpeneAL with EFX instead of EAX. I do not however have any issues with other OpenAL games or games using EAX 4 like Doom 3 uses. That is what is puzzling this seems relegated to just Doom 3 on Windows 10. Now when I was using a SoundBlaster Z never had an issue but that only software emulates EAX 3-5.