VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tikilightz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently installed the game successfully with the sound and memory fine, (and I've actually been able to play this game before a few years ago and then I uninstalled it), but now when i want to run the game, this message comes up:
Application Error: C:\SIERRAWS.EXE.

I went to the KQ7READ for information on how to get past this, and the solution they offered (Solution: To get around this error, simply remove the IFSHLP.SYS driver. For assistance or help on accomplishing this task, please refer to you Windows documentation for assistance.) didn't work because i tried searching for the IFSHLP.SYS and could not find it. I'm obviously nowhere close to a computer expert, and I need help. Thanks! 😀

Reply 4 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you are trying to run this in XP, you need version 2 of the game or you need to run the DOS version of the game. Unfortunately, not all versions of the game came with the DOS interpreter. If you look in the base directory of the CD, you will find a file named VERSION. Just open it in Notepad to see what version you have.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 7 of 7, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You can just right-click the 'sierraw.exe' file on the CDROM and go to copy on the menu which appears and click. You then go to your directory where the game is installed and right-click to an empty space somewhere (where there is no icon) and go to paste on the menu which appears and click. This should copy the file.