VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MII-333

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I finally managed to get NFS Carbon working on my daily rig, and got the controls set up, but when I started racing the controls are (at best) terrible. Everything is floaty as all hell (as in the car seems like it's on ice) and nothing seems to fix it. Now I know how this game should behave (as I had installed back when I still daily'd a Pentium 4 and X1650 Pro), and this defo isn't it.

So any tips or tricks you guys can think of? Only stipulations are that it has to work with the NoCD patch and the widescreen fix (though it's tempting to remove that because the textures are absolutely atrocious).

Compaq Presario 2286: Cyrix MII 250MHz, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, SiS Integrated graphics, SoundBlasterPCI 128 (for cleaner output signal), 4GB Seagate (OS), 40GB Maxtor DiamondMax+ 9 (games and MIDIs)

Reply 1 of 2, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

NoCD patch - unlikely cause
Widescreen fix - maybe, if it messes up the graphics engine in a way that introduces lag; try without it

Are you getting good FPS? Does it feel laggy?

Did you try with a keyboard? A controller?

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 2 of 2, by MII-333

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dr_st wrote:
NoCD patch - unlikely cause Widescreen fix - maybe, if it messes up the graphics engine in a way that introduces lag; try withou […]
Show full quote

NoCD patch - unlikely cause
Widescreen fix - maybe, if it messes up the graphics engine in a way that introduces lag; try without it

Are you getting good FPS? Does it feel laggy?

Did you try with a keyboard? A controller?

FPS is a dead-solid 60 that never drops, and with keyboard controls it feels about how you'd expect. Definitely a lot more controllable than with the Xbone controller, honestly.

Compaq Presario 2286: Cyrix MII 250MHz, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, SiS Integrated graphics, SoundBlasterPCI 128 (for cleaner output signal), 4GB Seagate (OS), 40GB Maxtor DiamondMax+ 9 (games and MIDIs)