VOGONS

Common searches

DVD Express for overseer - do U have it??? HELP me PLEASE

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I get this curious error message during playing Overseer - DVD version when I switch locations. Not many problems with it yet - when I click OK, the game normally continues. So I posted it here mainly for fun.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    Filename
    error.jpg
    File size
    14.84 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 15, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So it was coincidence, but thanks anyway. 😉 Mediamatics DVD Express is solution for those who don´t have a hardware DVD decoder. I found an info about DVD Express on The Unofficial Tex Murphy Web Site www.unofficialtexmurphy.com. The game works fine with it so far in XP and I will have it completed soon.

Reply 6 of 15, by Lukas111

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have probably same problem and unofficial web doesn´t work...I have same problem that I have not a hardware mpeg-2 encoder...I installed the game on Win 98 but it never shows animations or there is a message that it can´t inicialize MPEG-2 encoder...can U help me....please...........

Reply 12 of 15, by Lukas111

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For anyone who had same problems like me...Mediamatic stops support of DVD Express. Only one place I found...where is possible to download this ugly SW...there is a link : http://www.unibw-muenchen.de/campus/RZ/RZN/AS … yerWindows.html
And if you want LAST update check the IBM site. There is 5.2 version...
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/do … cid=MIGR-4GV37K
and for compatibility problems with setup in Win2K :
install SP3 or SP4 and then in "Start-Run" type : resvr32 %SystemRoot%/apppatch/slayerui.dll after that - there will be possibility to set comaptibility for WIN9x in Properties menu when you are making a shortcut...
And one last think....thanx to all fans wich helped me and special to GregG from unofficialtexmurphy.com message board...
Now bye...Tex is waiting... 😊

Reply 14 of 15, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Lukas111 wrote:

It seems that I have no luck...

I installed the game on another computer (DVD version in XP) and Mediamatics DVD Express also did not work correctly there. Then I found out that the game should work also with Elecard MPEG2 player v.1.35 and it helped. Besides - it is much smaller download (approx. 1MB instead of 20MB) and not so hard to find on the net as Express, a copy is for example here. (I do not know if the game works also with the newer versions of Elecard).
In order to get the game working with Elecard, the patch 1.04 must be installed and Xing MPEG2 should be selected in MPEG2 device at the configuration screen.
I had also problems with stuttering sound, but it ceased when I disabled sound hardware acceleration on dxdiag. Bad responses of the keyboard I had were solved by enabling Win 98 compatibility mode on the game exe.

Reply 15 of 15, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I think all the needed info is in here and some people don't know that colors and bold are evil.

Closing this thread. Thank you for your answer jiri.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!