VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by captnkirk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wanted to reply to the below thread but found it locked so I'm registering and making a new thread in the hopes that anyone who has this problem will be able to fix it as the suggestion didn't work - but I figured it out:
Star Trek Borg on Dos Box HELP!!

Had the same problem as above, when installing it would fail with "Failed to load \REDIST\DSETUP.DLL"

Anyway, the suggestion to download NTSETUP.DLL didn't work, it was driving me mental but I manage to find a specific version that did work.
You still need to download the borg patch as suggested, then create the REDIST folder inside that,
But then go here: https://www.dll-files.com/dsetup.dll.html
And download DSETUP.dll version 4.9.0.904.
This is a higher version that is on the CD-ROM but not as high as the NT version.
Then run the patch.
THEN it works!

Last edited by captnkirk on 2017-06-27, 16:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you don't want to mess with the installer and/or you want to run the game on a modern OS then download the zip in the bottom of the below thread:
Re: Star Trek: Borg (1996/1997) (DOS/Win 3.1/Win 95/Mac)

It's just the installed borg patch contents. Extract, insert your physical CD and run the game.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 3, by captnkirk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

If you don't want to mess with the installer and/or you want to run the game on a modern OS then download the zip in the bottom of the below thread:

It's just the installed borg patch contents. Extract, insert your physical CD and run the game.

The requested URL /dgVoodoo2.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Reply 3 of 3, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

He meant the ZIP in this post:

As for dgVoodoo2, you're probably better off going to http://dege.freeweb.hu (Dege reorganized his page recently DosFreak 😉 )

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto