VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by NightSprinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Curious, has anyone had UT99 just outright crash on Windows 10 with the Galaxy Audio Driver selected? I mean, the game works just fine on the Win98 box, and on this if I have a different driver selected. Just curious as to why Galaxy crashes.

Reply 1 of 12, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Could you post the crash? I've had Galaxy crash sometimes in weird situations before, no matter the OS. But I haven't had Galaxy crash in Windows 10 on any Unreal Engine 1 game. (Unreal, UT99 and Deus Ex were tested)

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 3 of 12, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try setting Latency to 80 in the UnrealTournament.ini under [Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem]

If that doesn't work then could you tell me what audio device you're trying to use?

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 5 of 12, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is going to sound dumb but can you forcefully disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP aka NX Bit) on your system and run Unreal as Administrator?

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 6 of 12, by NightSprinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, gave it a shot with NX Bit disabled. Wound up the exact same result. I'm wondering if there's something with Windows 10 (as well as versions going back to 7) that breaks compatibility with the Galaxy audio driver for the game?

Reply 7 of 12, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can try the new audio renderer:
https://yourunreal.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/audio-tweaks/

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 8 of 12, by NightSprinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, that is basically the only way for me to play it. Was just wondering, since I read inconsistent things on other sites that people supposedly got the original audio driver working in newer versions of Windows.

Reply 9 of 12, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The FMOD and OpenAL audio devices for UT99 have really lame music playback compared to Galaxy and aren't even properly compatible with the Reverb settings in ZoneInfo actor properties. So I never really recommend those... I really don't know what's going on at your end because Galaxy works just fine for me, and this is on Creators Update apparently...

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 10 of 12, by NightSprinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, and this was from a fresh install and update. I will see if copying the Galaxy driver from my Unreal Gold install will do anything. Also will see how it works with A3D-Live installed.

Reply 11 of 12, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't try to copy Galaxy.dll from other Unreal engines to UT99, they're not guaranteed to be compatible let alone properly linkable...

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 12 of 12, by gamerz31w

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In my case even if I patched Unreal Gold to the latest version 227i and Unreal Tournament 1999 patch 0.2 error messages are popping-up.UT99 kepps crashing when I'm trying to run game on troubleshooting mode.