VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by thrclbathr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings,

First post on the forum.

I've installed the demo on two powerful gaming laptops(brother's and mine).

The game runs perfectly on my brother's laptop(Windows 10) in direct3d mode and has never crashed!(touchwood).
However on mine(Windows 7) it works randomly on direct3d. It worked continously 5 times and the 6th time it crashed while loading the quick race. Subsequently, it crashed about 3 times before working again.

Using dgvoodoo 2(latest) on both laptops.

Any workaround for this?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 5, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I run f1 challenge 99 -02 which uses the same engine
I see no need to use dgvoodoo
win 98 compatibility, run as admin
try looking for an updated 3d config

Last edited by Davros on 2017-07-26, 09:05. Edited 1 time in total.

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 5, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

F1 2000 and F1CS 2000 use an older engine to F1 2001 and above. It's derived from Sports Car GT.

I found they crash randomly all the time when loading, too. It's a bit of a pain! Win10 64bit for me. I use dgVoodoo2 I think though.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 3 of 5, by thrclbathr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

F1 Challenge 99-02 has no issues running whatsoever. The problem is with F1CS2000. After searching on the forums a bit, I'm using dgvoodoo 2.45. Seems a lot better now. Still crashes randomly while loading the track. I'm seriously clueless about this issue. Once, I start driving, it never crashes.

Reply 4 of 5, by Sandi1987

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
thrclbathr wrote:

F1 Challenge 99-02 has no issues running whatsoever. The problem is with F1CS2000. After searching on the forums a bit, I'm using dgvoodoo 2.45. Seems a lot better now. Still crashes randomly while loading the track. I'm seriously clueless about this issue. Once, I start driving, it never crashes.

Where can i download dgVoodoo 2.45?

Reply 5 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Sandi1987 wrote:
thrclbathr wrote:

Where can i download dgVoodoo 2.45?

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto