VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SUPREME

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok.. Trying this again since no one likes "please help", wonderful like noone likes to be left out in the dark or on fire ether. I'm a huge Capcom fan! I'm a huge Resident Evil fan! Mostly I play a lot of Japanese games from the 90's because I'm old and fuckin' nerdy. Ok, with that said. I'm looking for the PowerVR version of Biohazard. It is the holy grail, I came to you guys because I read a lot of post and you people seem to have a lot of knowledge and know how on a lot of stuff I like. I also really like PowerVR it's becoming one of my favorite engines as it was also used in the Dreamcast. So, can anyone just talk to me on this subject and not shut me out? Oh, and one more thing, I'm not looking for a torrent or "copy" or whatever the fuck ever as someone in the past post mentioned "to look elsewhere like torrent sites, not here" Jesus fuck, I just want help dude, over here give'n me the ol' dick slicer, sheeeeeeshh. I want the OG version. The retail version. Word has it, some retro Compaq computer guy had a link to a Japanese import site. Wasn't to long ago..

"power... I NEED MORE POWER"!
-Virgil (Devil May Cry)
PowerVR reference.

Intel Core i7 - 7700k CPU @ 4.20GHz
16.0 GB DDR4 RAM
64-bit OS Win10 Pro
STRIX Z270E Gaming mobo
ASUS Geforce GTX1060
Corsair H100i v2 water cooled with Noctua fan

Reply 1 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Try http://easyauctionjapan.com ...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 10, by SUPREME

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No good, The link is broken and I even searched it in Google. Thanks anyway though, any other ideas? Do you mess around with the PVR much?

16.0 GB DDR4 RAM
64-bit OS Win10 Pro
STRIX Z270E Gaming mobo
ASUS Geforce GTX1060

Reply 3 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

you could have noticed that the autolinking of the forum added dots after the .com... (because I like to use triple dots)... and how could you not find it in google? And no, I have no interest in PVR, I just wanted to give you a good source for stuff from Japan.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 10, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SUPREME wrote:
Ok.. Trying this again since no one likes "please help", wonderful like noone likes to be left out in the dark or on fire ether. […]
Show full quote

Ok.. Trying this again since no one likes "please help", wonderful like noone likes to be left out in the dark or on fire ether. I'm a huge Capcom fan! I'm a huge Resident Evil fan! Mostly I play a lot of Japanese games from the 90's because I'm old and fuckin' nerdy. Ok, with that said. I'm looking for the PowerVR version of Biohazard. It is the holy grail, I came to you guys because I read a lot of post and you people seem to have a lot of knowledge and know how on a lot of stuff I like. I also really like PowerVR it's becoming one of my favorite engines as it was also used in the Dreamcast. So, can anyone just talk to me on this subject and not shut me out? Oh, and one more thing, I'm not looking for a torrent or "copy" or whatever the fuck ever as someone in the past post mentioned "to look elsewhere like torrent sites, not here" Jesus fuck, I just want help dude, over here give'n me the ol' dick slicer, sheeeeeeshh. I want the OG version. The retail version. Word has it, some retro Compaq computer guy had a link to a Japanese import site. Wasn't to long ago..

-Virgil (Devil May Cry)
PowerVR reference.

This guy has hooked me up with a few great Japanese finds. He's a good source for me. Drop him a note and tell him exactly what you are looking for he just might have it or know where to get it. This is his Ebay store, but directly msg him on Ebay and he might be able to help you like he does me. He does not list all his inventory on Ebay and sometimes offers me items before he auctions them off. Cool guy.

http://stores.ebay.com/gamest/

Also I would most definitely ask this question in the Japanese gaming thread over at the Assemblergames.com forum as there are many very knowledgeable sources there as well. Assemblergames.com in general is where you should be for this sort of thing as it is the main place for prototypes, rarities, hard to gets, etc. Amazing forum with many knowledgeable collectors and preservationists.

https://assemblergames.com/forums/japanese-co … ter-gaming.117/

Also, unlike this forum, they encourage trading and commerce so check out their WTB (want to buy) thread and post a request. Hope this helps you out.

https://assemblergames.com/forums/want-to-buy … equests-wtb.75/

Reply 5 of 10, by SUPREME

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

you could have noticed that the autolinking of the forum added dots after the .com... (because I like to use triple dots)... and how could you not find it in google? And no, I have no interest in PVR, I just wanted to give you a good source for stuff from Japan.

Wha? You like to use triple dots? 🤣 what? Anyway, Thanks for your help I'm not sure what you mean or why you use triple dots, or your just fucking with me. I can't tell, I'm just glad you guys are here to talk back to me. The mod guys just gave me a big fat floppy donkey dick in return,and I can't do nothing with that, triple dots I can work with.

16.0 GB DDR4 RAM
64-bit OS Win10 Pro
STRIX Z270E Gaming mobo
ASUS Geforce GTX1060

Reply 6 of 10, by SUPREME

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
liqmat wrote:
This guy has hooked me up with a few great Japanese finds. He's a good source for me. Drop him a note and tell him exactly what […]
Show full quote
SUPREME wrote:
Ok.. Trying this again since no one likes "please help", wonderful like noone likes to be left out in the dark or on fire ether. […]
Show full quote

-Virgil (Devil May Cry)
PowerVR reference.

This guy has hooked me up with a few great Japanese finds. He's a good source for me. Drop him a note and tell him exactly what you are looking for he just might have it or know where to get it. This is his Ebay store, but directly msg him on Ebay and he might be able to help you like he does me. He does not list all his inventory on Ebay and sometimes offers me items before he auctions them off. Cool guy.

http://stores.ebay.com/gamest/

Also I would most definitely ask this question in the Japanese gaming thread over at the Assemblergames.com forum as there are many very knowledgeable sources there as well. Assemblergames.com in general is where you should be for this sort of thing as it is the main place for prototypes, rarities, hard to gets, etc. Amazing forum with many knowledgeable collectors and preservationists.

https://assemblergames.com/forums/japanese-co … ter-gaming.117/

Also, unlike this forum, they encourage trading and commerce so check out their WTB (want to buy) thread and post a request. Hope this helps you out.

https://assemblergames.com/forums/want-to-buy … equests-wtb.75/

THANK YOU! *Japanese school boy cry* I'll give him a try, I'd suck a dick through a straw to get this game (Not really, just for shits and giggles) But seriously, I got a better chance at finding God than this game so I won't get down if it's a no go, I'm already preparing myself for let down.. OH GOD NO! I just realized, a moderator just took down my Leon and Claire signature 🙁 Oh, I suppose it was a tad to big. Poor guys they where just mixing herbs.. But hey any Capcom fans out there make me your friend! I'm the man, guy. The search for this holy grail continues, Thank you Vogons community!

Oh, and by the way... HOLY TITS! This guy has all kinds of rare stuff, It's like you've pointed me to the well of everlasting life! I got SEGA stuff, Virtua Fighter laser disk, Some... Legend of Zelda.. Something in Japanese holy crap dude! I'm gonna go broke, even on an aviation mechanic salary now. Sheeeeeeeeshhhhhh

16.0 GB DDR4 RAM
64-bit OS Win10 Pro
STRIX Z270E Gaming mobo
ASUS Geforce GTX1060

Reply 7 of 10, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SUPREME wrote:
Dominus wrote:

Wha? You like to use triple dots? 🤣 what? Anyway, Thanks for your help I'm not sure what you mean or why you use triple dots, or your just fucking with me. I can't tell, I'm just glad you guys are here to talk back to me. The mod guys just gave me a big fat floppy donkey dick in return,and I can't do nothing with that, triple dots I can work with.

I did read your previous thread and it left some things to be desired (including many of us having already seen dozens of clickbait threads which had titles similar to your's, it was probably nothing personal aimed towards you or something).
And one thing I like to see is when someone who is knowledgeable is asked something, but knows someone who is more knowledgeable about certain specifics being asked, he'll point to the right directions 😀

The ban on trading on this forum had good reasons (though it wasn't unanimously supported, many people prefer it this way and it's the rules here).

And it seems you already found your calling, happy hunting 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 8 of 10, by SUPREME

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No worries, bro! I was thinking of a title for that post and just came out with; "PLEASE HELP". Lol I'm in desperate need as you can tell, and I just want to soak up all the knowledge I can. I like the old stuff more than the new stuff now-a-days. Maybe I'm just getting older, or maybe, my place is with the 90's but one thing is for certain, glad to be among fellow old school gamers such as your self's. I hope to speak more to you guys as the PowerVR chip set is growing on me I must say and I get more interested by the days. 😀

16.0 GB DDR4 RAM
64-bit OS Win10 Pro
STRIX Z270E Gaming mobo
ASUS Geforce GTX1060

Reply 9 of 10, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For obscure Japanese games, you really cannot beat Yahoo! Auctions Japan and a proxy. I made a purchase with Treasure-Japan about two years ago and had no issues. https://treasure-japan.com/

For searching games on it, remember to use the title of it in Japanese (usually on Wikipedia, and if it's not, then get the English title of the game translated to katakana) and affix PC, Win95, Win98, or Windows to the end of the search.

On the topic of Biohazard PowerVR though, there's a copy up right now for about 135 USD if you're willing to spend that much. I don't know if that's a good deal or not though, because this is so uncommon to find, but I could have sworn I saw a copy for about $80 a year ago. https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u151955287

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U