VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have the game motorhead installed but i couldnt get any sound in the game.
Anyway I found a zipped version that claimed to be compatible with modern operation systems,
so i downloaded it renamed my motorhead folder to j:\games\motorheady to save re-installing it and copied to motorhead
folder in the zip to j:\games
It didnt work, so i ran my old version of motorhead just to make sure it still worked before deleting the new one.
and it did but with sound. So I deleted the new folder and renamed motorheady to motorhead tried it again and no sound.
renamed it back to motorheady and I got sound
anyone know whats going on ?

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 3, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had a weird issue like this with Sega Rally 2 once, it seemed that Windows was saving a value somewhere relating to sound, that needed the EXE name changing so it skipped that key. Required a bit of digging into the Registry 😒

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 3 of 3, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Your 8 letters theory would make sense if the game worked when the folder name contained 8 letters or less but it works when the folder name is more than 8 letters
plus I just renames the folder from motorheady to otorheady (8 letters) and still get sound
as for process explorer i dont know how to use it I will look into it.

edit now its working fine, must of just been a weird glitch on my end

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness