VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by JaKSLaP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Guys;

anyone know how to remove the border in this game, and play in full screen mode. Iam running it on a 1600x1200 monitor and the display is way too small. i tried changing res in config but it didnt change anything

Reply 2 of 5, by JaKSLaP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Osprey wrote:

Was that one of the very first DirectX games? If it was, try a number of DirectDraw wrappers. I'd give dgVoodoo 2 a try first. DxWnd would likely accomplish it, as well.

do you have any links for these wrappers. There is barely any info on this game online. I am currently using nGlide. I just want to make the game full screen or atleast remove less of the borders

Reply 3 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's pre-DirectX Windows GDI(WinG?) stuff. There is no full screen. The best you can do is switch to 640x480. This is by design as it is primarily developed as a Macintosh game (where small gameplay windows than the desktop were the norm until the later '90s). You'll have to play one of the later console ports if you want it to get any bigger.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 5, by Osprey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was afraid of that, that it was pre-DirectX. Well, you might try DxWnd, anyways, since it has so many features that it might have evolved to offer some tricks for pre-DirectX Windows games.

Reply 5 of 5, by Kill0byte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure if this 100% qualifies, but there's a guy who's been coding a new version of LR:MMR completely from scratch using the original game assets so it will run on modern machines. You can check it out and download it at http://www.quarkrobot.com - his brother is working on a similar engine re-write for Lode Runner 2 as well, but that's not available yet.