VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Elia1995

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, while I was on Windows 7 I couldn't get Theme Park World to not even install, I even tried with XP.
Now that I installed Windows 10, the game installed perfectly and starts, but there just a small little tiny eenie problem... it has no cursor.
I'm serious,the game starts and works just fine, the color palette doesn't even glitch out like other DirectDraw games on Windows 7/8/8.1 (no DirectDraw game seems to color glitch on my Windows 10 so far), but the cursor is invisible.
I also tried setting the game in windowed from the options, but it's very hard because the game doesn't let me use the keyboard for menus and I MUST use the mouse, but the cursor is invisible, so it's a blind point and click in the options, it took me some good 40 minutes to get it in windowed mode, but still no cursor, once I click on the game, it just disappears.
I Googled it, but I found nothing, it seems like I'm the only one having an invisible cursor problem on a DirectDraw game on Windows 10 so far.

Currently assembled vintage computers I own: 11

Most important ones:
A "modded" Olivetti M4 434 S (currently broken).
An Epson El Plus 386DX running MS-DOS 6.22 (currently broken).
Celeron Coppermine 1.10GHz on an M754LMRTP motherboard

Reply 2 of 3, by Elia1995

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How does it work ? It doesn't have a "launcher" for profiles (.exe files) like DxWin

Currently assembled vintage computers I own: 11

Most important ones:
A "modded" Olivetti M4 434 S (currently broken).
An Epson El Plus 386DX running MS-DOS 6.22 (currently broken).
Celeron Coppermine 1.10GHz on an M754LMRTP motherboard

Reply 3 of 3, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You don't need to use dgVoodoo2 for TPW. The missing cursors under Windows 10 can be resolved by editing the low/medium/high.sam files (do them all and then it will not matter what detail level is chosen) and setting the values of GraphicalOptions.RENDER32 and GraphicalOptions.TEXTURE32 to 1.