VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've found an expansion to a game called Elona, itself called Elona+, which has a RTD error on Windows 10 with HiDPI monitors...like it's trying to read pixels which, due to screen magnification, aren't at the same memory position they'd be at if the monitor was using a 1:1 pixel ratio. That's not a problem - it's the kind of game where forcing "System (Enhanced)" actually works.

Now, with Windows 10 version 1709 (aka the Fall Creators Update), it has RTD issues with MP3 playback - rather important for a user with average tech literacy who wants something which sounds decent. Thankfully, I've been able to almost fix the game by forcing it to use WaveOut via a custom compatibility database built with the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT). I'd like to distribute this database for testing as well as feedback on how to fix the error I get on exiting the program (yet more "can't read from memory" issues).

Question is, how do I distribute a custom compatibility database such that someone without the Windows ACT can install it?

Reply 1 of 3, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Distribute the sdb file you created alongside a batch file with this content

sdbinst.exe "%~dp0Filename.sdb"
pause

where "Filename" is the name of the sdb file. The database can then be installed by running the batch file.
(sdbinst.exe is included with Windows.)

Example:
Re: Running 3dMark 2000 on modern hardware

Edit:
https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/windows-itpr … nd-line-tool.md