VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MzzM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, ive just dug out my old copy of System Shock 2 before i sell the lil bugger on ebay (if it actually works properly). i was hopin 2 play 4 one last time before i sold it but seem 2 b havin problems runnin it on windows 2000.

I used the setup -lgntforce command to install it and all seemed to work fine, i downloaded the latest patch and applied a no-cd patch as well and voila!

I was a happy chappy until i began playing, the game loaded fine, cut scenes, music and graphics all working but the mouse in the inventory screen renders the game totally unplayable.

pressing tab to bring up the inventory screen works fine but everytime i click the mouse on an item to drag it or use it the weapon im currently holding fires and it doesnt actually move the object.

This is quite annoying as i cannot progress any further into the game as i cannot place objects where they need 2 be, eg: key cards and battery cells.

Im running:

AMD Athlon 2400 XP+
512MB DDR
Radeon 9200
Audiophile 2496 + Creative Labs Soundblaster (on motherboard)

i know my system is way above the required spec, but not if all my hardware is supported. Ive searched all over for any answers but so far found none.

Please can anyone help?

Z.

-- Sumthin Stoopid --

Reply 2 of 4, by MzzM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey,

Sorry bout that, thought i was actually in the windows forum at the time...

Please can anyone help me???

i sooo want to play the game again, quite distressing when you dont know whats actually wrong with it! 🙁

Z.

-- Sumthin Stoopid --

Reply 3 of 4, by Canthlian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you can't find the answer here, you should try going to the TTLG forums and asking in the System Shock section. Many dedicated Shockers there.

I, unfortunately, only have SS1, so I can't help you. 😖

Reply 4 of 4, by MzzM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey,

it seems the problem has been solved now,

check out my forum post at http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1068445

Problem solved.

Hope this helps others out too 😀

Z.

-- Sumthin Stoopid --