Reply 20 of 24, by Tbf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i see rainbow six in the compatibility application database. it says the option

force cd stop
ignore alt tab
virtual registry

i don't know how to use it on my rainbowsix.dxe with acp 3.0. As i just said on the another thread, qfixapp found 57 fixes in my exe 😀

Reply 21 of 24, by FinalPhoenix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok - i've tried everything i could see on these other websites about getting MtG to work, right now it seems that i must somehow manage to update my pre installed version 1.1 with the big (60meg) manalink patch and do some other stuff to get this thing to run on XP.

Thats where my problem lies is in patching. The Huge manalink patch says that magic is not installed.

I do not have an original CD installer for MtG, this was a pre installed version that came with my PC.

(Note: i have also tried downloading the game from various places and get the same problem - same version maybe?)

I think whats happening here is either a registry key or a file somewhere is AWOL, and it needs to be there for any of the multiplayer enabled updates to work.

Please, if anyone has managed to get this to work, or if you can provide any missing registry keys/files, i'd appreciate it very much 😀

0.jpg?x=422&y=77

Reply 22 of 24, by otherwheres

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having the same problem......
I downloaded mtg from http://www.the-underdogs.org/. Its an 83 mega rip containing mtg + addon + sequel. I launch the exe, nothing happens. Wondering if anybody could help, im desperate, i spent all last 2 days trying to make it work. I read what u say here but i dont have any 95 machines, 1 drive NTFS and XP on it.. i know its stupid but i didnt think much back when i installed it.
So.. help.

Reply 23 of 24, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Try setting the compatiblity mode to win95

You can do this making a shortcut to the installer.exe and looking in the compatility tab.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!