VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by STAUF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just love trying to push my pc. Now I want to get Battleship, by Hasbro Interactive, to work.
I have a Win7 PRO PC, running 64 bit. I know. That's like the kiss of death to old games. Well I installed Battleship onto my PC, via the XP MODE option from Microsoft, and it worked to install, but XP mode is a turd for gaming. It doesn't have the gramba to run such graphically, and system advanced programs. It's for word, and excel and that sort of thing. Anyhoo, I got the game installed, and tried running it in my standard WIN7 environment, and it looks like it will start, but then, in BLACK SCREEN, a box comes up saying FILE MISSING, PLEASE INSSTALL BATTLESHIP CD AND PRESS "OK". I had the CD in my D drive, where I installed from, but when I hit "OK", the program holds for a bit, and then crashes, and I don't hear the D drive being accessed, so I can only assume that the EXE file, or some other file is not looking in the right place for the CD ROM. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 2, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You might want to have a look at the Infogrames Support page for the game:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030801101549/ht … ttleship_pc.asp

Also, there was at least one update for the game, but I have no idea where to get it these days, so I am attaching a copy. I have no idea if there are localized versions of the patch (or the game), so it may not work with your particular release.

Attachments

• Filename
    bsv11ame.exe
    File size
    345.41 KiB
    Downloads
    57 downloads
    File comment
    Hasbro Interactive Battleship Patch Version 1.1
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception