VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi!

I like to make images of my old games - i do make sure to buy them as i am a big box game collector too. I recently made an Bin/Cue file of Ubisoft's F1 Racing Simulation and i would then mount it with WinCDEMU and that was all good and fine, no issues there with the cd image being recognised.

i can mount the bin/cue images and even access the files and install the game via it if i wish, but i wont work to let me start the game with it.

However now when i mount the image i get the CD Drive issue/Disc invalid/disc missing errors and i cannot figure out how to fix this - i do not know why this has come about. I still seem to have no problem with my ISO images. i tried it with making F1 Racing Simulation a Mdf/mds image but that also does not work - so it seems to be the multi-track cds are now not being recognised properly.

The only thing i have done i recall between now and the previous day when the images worked, is installed hte Playstation 2 emulator (i was curious to see how it works on my laptop) PCSX2 - could this have caused something to change?

how can i get my laptop ( windows 10 64bit , 16gb ram, 2gb nvidia 860m, i7 2.50ghz) to properly recognised the image files bin/cue again?

thanks

sorry i dont know where to best raise this query , and i emphasise again, i am only making images of my own existing old games (i have got quite a nice collection of old big box Formula 1 racing games! 😀 )

Reply 1 of 1, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

okay i guess i will put this issue aside, as i turned on some of the run as admin settings on the game exe and i did get it to work - not sure why it now asks for this but never mind.