VOGONS

Common searches

64-bit error message ? zip files ?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by qmuddy7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i get that 64-bit error message when trying to install old games ? i have a windows 7 , 64-bit desktop; also, i'm not sure which files(s) to unzip, etc. using myabandonware, abandonia, sites, etc. browser games run fine; thanks

Reply 1 of 2, by gca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If the games in question are 16-bit they won't work on a 64-bit version of windows 7. The minimum that a 64-bit version of windows will run is 32-bit software (that is by design, however the 32-bit version of windows 7 will run 16-bit software just fine which may be where your confusion stems from).

You could run an earlier version of windows under emulation to run the games but the performance hit might be unbearable.

Reply 2 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

We don't support so called "abandonware" here.

If you're trying to run a 16bit DOS or Windows game on 64bit Windows then you'll need to use VirtualBox,Vmware,Pcem,DOSBox,boxwedwine etc.

If you have issues with a game that you downloaded from one of those sites then ask for help from those sites. Not here.

Finally learn how to post properly. It's not hard. Don't be lazy especially when you're asking for help.

Thread closed.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline