VOGONS

Common searches

Half-Life 1280x1024 in D3D

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 67, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't have the retail Gunman Chronicles at my disposal. Theoretically, you might be able to get it to work by copying rewolf folder from Gunman folder to Half-Life folder, then play it as Half-Life mod.

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 61 of 67, by Unrealdevon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
UCyborg wrote:

I don't have the retail Gunman Chronicles at my disposal. Theoretically, you might be able to get it to work by copying rewolf folder from Gunman folder to Half-Life folder, then play it as Half-Life mod.

Oh yeah that might work.

Thanks.

Reply 62 of 67, by d3vilsadvocate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@ucyborg

is it normal that your patched game doesn't work with audio sound? Any other version works, but yours plays no cd audio, neither through daemon tools nor directly from the CD drives.

Any idea why that is?

Reply 63 of 67, by Speedwarrior956

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Warrior reporting here.....

RetroBoogie wrote on 2018-07-28, 04:50:

Have you seen this fan patch? https://neuwon.com/downloads.php?cat_id=3&download_id=58

Claims widescreen resolution support, it reportedly works on Windows 2000. Not sure about 98, if that's what you're doing.

Just tried that link for the aforementioned patch but returned a "Potential Security Risk" warning, possibly owing to an expired or -even- corrupted certificate if accesed thorough the most current versions of Mozilla Firefox or its derivatives. (Same for Microsoft Edge; Not sure about any other web browsers though.) So #DontGoThere or #ProceedWithExtremeCaution.

Warrior Retiring......

9x2hch-5.png

Attachments

Last edited by Speedwarrior956 on 2023-11-24, 04:42. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 64 of 67, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
d3vilsadvocate wrote on 2023-04-01, 22:19:

@ucyborg

is it normal that your patched game doesn't work with audio sound? Any other version works, but yours plays no cd audio, neither through daemon tools nor directly from the CD drives.

Any idea why that is?

No, it's not normal and I don't know why it wouldn't work. The game normally plays the music from CD on both Windows 10 and Windows XP installations of mine. If there's no CD, it plays MP3s if they exist (assuming we're talking about game version 1.1.1.0).

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 66 of 67, by Voogoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
UCyborg wrote on 2018-09-16, 05:12:

...Speaking of expansion packs, I made a patch that fixes the issue I mentioned, so the right music will play if you put the MP3s of the expansion packs in correct folder....

Hey UCyborg,

It seems you're the guy who made the Half-Life WON patch available on ModDB.

edit, nevermind, turned out was using the 64bit ReShade file so no wonder it refused to work.

Anyway cheers and thanks for the patch for such an old game either way.

Reply 67 of 67, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Voogoo wrote on 2023-11-19, 13:42:
Hey UCyborg, […]
Show full quote
UCyborg wrote on 2018-09-16, 05:12:

...Speaking of expansion packs, I made a patch that fixes the issue I mentioned, so the right music will play if you put the MP3s of the expansion packs in correct folder....

Hey UCyborg,

It seems you're the guy who made the Half-Life WON patch available on ModDB.

edit, nevermind, turned out was using the 64bit ReShade file so no wonder it refused to work.

Anyway cheers and thanks for the patch for such an old game either way.

If anything finding an original copy of half life would work really well in windows 11

I am I