VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, does anyone know a way to obtain the official EA patch for Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit?

All existing downloads that I could find are installing "Network Play System" which would then connect to EA servers to update the game. Unfortunately, EA server no longer responded and I couldn't get the game updated. I remembered the initial release retailed CD, the game had issues with Voodoo/Voodoo2 playing on Glide and EA 3D card detection explicitly used Direct3D renderer on Voodoo/Voodoo2 cards. I was able to update the game through EA servers back then and played perfectly with Voodoo2 on Windows 2000 with Glide renderer. That was a long, long time ago.....

I understand that there are fans' modern patch for NFS3 from VEG, but this is not what I am looking for. The VEG patch reduces the views to only 2 views, in-car and 3rd-person, while the original game has 3 views, in-car and 2 other 3rd-person views. I hope to be able to obtain the EA official patch and patch the game to its official final form without the need of internet connection.

Reply 1 of 3, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The only two that I have is the Voodoo Banshee & Voodoo 3 patch.

Attachments

• Filename
    NFS3patch.zip
    File size
    191.66 KiB
    Downloads
    1086 downloads
    File comment
    NFS Banshee & Voodoo 3 patches
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 3, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This contains the official EA patch, if you google the file nfs3patch3allfixes.exe you will see it included in listing of EA's long dead ftp site.

I guess it includes the patches
nfs3_update.zip
nfs3bansheepatch.exe
npspatchnfs3.exe

Attachments

• Filename
    Nfs3NoCD.zip
    File size
    1.8 MiB
    Downloads
    960 downloads
    File comment
    NFS3 Patch
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 3, by CookiePLMonster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If camera zoom is the only problem you have with Modern Patch, maybe it would be best to contact the author and send him your feedback? He is still active and Modern Patch still may be receiving updates in the future.