VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I want to play some C&C, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun etc. I know I can download it for free and legally from C&C Online and play in 1080p on my main PC, but I am not sure that it includes the music?

I've got The First Decade DVD. I've got a Windows 98 PC with a DVD drive. When I try to install it, the overarching installer says it needs admin rights to install - is there a way of enabling that in Win98? It's certainly not as obvious as XP and onwards when it is just in the right click menu.

Anyone know how to "install with admin rights" on W98? I'm the only user on the PC and everything else installs fine so it is not as if I don't actually have admin rights...

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 1 of 2, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For questions involving old hardware and old OS ask in Marvin: Marvin, the Paranoid Android

Look at the pinned post at the top of this forum.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 2, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You may want to try KernelEx to lie to the program and say you're running XP. Last I remember, TFD would just crap out telling me that 98 isn't supported.

Also, the music for C&C isn't CD audio, it's all in game files, so the music should be in pretty much any download.

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U