VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DoomGaZer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, while this game isn't exactly "old" it still doesn't seem to work under XP. This game runs fine with DX7 under Win95 or 98 (I know, I dual boot Win98). This game is based on the Lithtech engine like Shogo: MAD, Blood 2 and NOLF. However, this game uses an overhead third person perspective which looks similar in appearance to Neverwinter Nights. The game installs fine without having to set Win9x emulation under XP but it won't load at all. It seems to get stuck when it tries to load the configuration/launch menu that pops up with every Lithtech game just before you actually start it. I never had this problem with any of the other Lithtech games so I'm rather stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
Nforce 2 mobo
Geforce FX 5950
1 GB RAM
"SoundStorm" onboard sound

Reply 1 of 1, by DoomGaZer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anybody got anything on this one under XP? I just located an old cracked executeable on the web and it seems to at least allow me to load the game and play it. However, I am missing the background music while using this crack (I know because the game works fine under 98 ). I DID go out and buy this game so I would really like to see it working under XP. There appear to be command line switches that you can initiate since there are options for it on the launch menu when I run it under 98. If anybody has some information about the switches (the game manual is worthless) then please let me know. Once again, this is a LITHTECH engine game so there should be some similarities to others that use the same engine (like Blood 2 and Shogo). Thanks.