VOGONS

First post, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi, I am searching for Games that will run on my UNISYS-CWD 486/66 on my Win95 setup, so there will only be enough power for very early win95 games and win3x games.
Pitfall the Mayan Adventure is far to slow... Priates Gold for Windows does work but requires 256color-Mode. (normally I choose 16Bit HiColor and 640x480)

Doc

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 1 of 6, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

dont forget dos games

Heres 500 windows/dos games to get you started

Attachments

• Filename
    games.txt
    File size
    10.9 KiB
    Downloads
    69 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 4 of 6, by Strahssis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Two games I like a lot that work fine on Windows 95 on a 486DX2 are Age of Empires (I) and Westwood Monopoly. I know the system requirements say that you need at least a Pentium 90 for Age of Empires, but I honestly haven't had any issues with Age of Empires on my Olivetti Philos (486DX2) yet. 😀

Mimi: AMD K6-2/266, S3 Trio64, Diamond Monster 3D II, Sound Blaster CT2800, 32MB RAM
Satellite 220CS: Pentium 133, SVGA DSTN, Sound Blaster Pro, 64MB RAM
Contura 420CX: 486DX4 75, VGA TFT, Roland Serial MIDI, 16MB RAM

Reply 6 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Even for early Pentiums Win95 hogged to much resources so a lot of games were still dos based, hell even win95's Pinball is laggy
I would think anything aimed at Win3x will be fine though, The some of the games in the Windows Entertainment packs can be pretty fun.

I remember playing Return Fire which requires Win95 against my brother on our DX2 66 back in the day, its not smooth but playable.
but yeh dos is where this PC really wants to play