VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Whats going on!!!

I have been trying to get the Might and Magic VI Special Edition ( the one that has I - V also) 1st I installed it straight from Windows. No luck... 😢 Then I tried to install it with VDMSound & DOSbox with no success... (Install setup is not programed in DOS but old Win).

My set is brand new too, just got it a couple of weeks ago with the wrapping still on it, so its not the disc's.

Am I shooting for the impossible? I think I might have read somewhere that nobodys ever seen the CD version work in XP.

I hope I am wrong, someone please prove me wrong! Damn I hope I am wrong... 😢 So far its the only old game I have I can't get working... 😢

If ya need my spec's click here...

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 1 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Might and Magic VI is fully Windows game, so it is useless to try it with DOSBOX or with VDMSound.
I do not know how it is with it in Windows XP. But if it is not possible to run in there, you can try Virtual PC or something like that (MM 6 was fully playable on Pentium 100 and it does not use any 3D acceleration so it should be playable there - just guessing, I did not test it).

MM1-5 work perfectly in DOSBOX.

Mirek

Reply 2 of 4, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks Merik!

I think that that this is an excelent time to rebuild my old cpu I have stored away. 😀 I've been meaning to bring back the ol' pac bell and put Win98SE on it. Do you think it would run in the 98SE enviornment?

The CD version I have has all the games on one install disc. So it wont let me install them seperatley. damn! 😖

I kinda figured it was a Windows based game, I just wonder why it wont work with XP? 😕 (I even tried the adjust to the compatibilty properties to see if that would help, but no suck luck. )

Thats just the way it goes sometimes!!! 🤣

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 3 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I played MM 6 a few years ago on W95. So I think it should be ok on W98.

You mentioned that all games are on one disc (???): I think there must be three of them (MM6 has two discs and MM1-5 have to be somewhere as well).

Mirek

Reply 4 of 4, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Man!

It's been days since I have been on! I found a fix to get MM6 to run on XP/2000 with the faster processors as the error I was experiencing was due to the fact the ol' processor was going a tad to fast for it, download it through this link.

😵 Waxxxz 😵

I Have the 2 Disk Set, Install & Play. MM1-MM5 are built into install disk in "classics" directory.