VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Tzap

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all. I've had this error on 2 games so far Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 2001 and Stalker - Call of Pripyat when installing.

Message attached. On answering the message, Stalker will start ok but only played for a few minutes so cannot
confirm it will crash eventually. Tiger woods game won't start.

I have directx 9c installed. My rig:-

Win xp pro
E8400 cpu
GT 620 gpu

Attachments

• error.jpg
    Filename
    error.jpg
    File size
    407.64 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Install error msg
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 3, by deSSy2724

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DIdnt you already have DX 9c installed before the error message?

BTW I faced similar errors related to DirectX on some other games like FIFA 07 under WIn 10 x64:

Solution was: open start menu,then click on run and there write this: F:\\autorun.exe -DXInstalled (I put F:\\ here because I have the autorun on an iso image, placed in F:\\ You will need to write the letter coresponding to where your autorun is installed. For example,if you have it on D:\\ you will going to write D:\\autorun.exe -DXInstalled

I dont know, maybe this would be helpful for some other games during installation.

Reply 3 of 3, by Gernot66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can't tell much about TWPGA2001 but i playe(d) TWPGA2000, probably it's a similar problem or a similar trick will help.
i use a different WS3HELP.DLL (use the one you find in your system32 directory) as provided with the game and place this in the games folder.
Also i use the latest release of DX7a.dll (you find this most probably in a NHL or NBA thread somewhere) which is also installed by the game, this helped me to get it running on XP (i guess, i have new troubles with every new OS).
Recently i can't run it at all on my win10 and i haven't found a proper solution it only runs in softdraw mode.

Sometimes (mostly and even now just to run it in softdraw mode) it helped me a lot to already install the game in a compatibility mode and not only to run the game in compatibility mode.
try this as first i suggest, mark the setup.exe on the CD in compatibility mode (sometimes NT4 is the right thing for whatever reason).
I assume TWPGA2001 won't differ much to TWPGA2000.

Fiddle around with the various releases of the similar "dx8 thrash modules" of the EA sports games.

"Carpet Golf" ts 😀

I like, and i like the course editor much (is that still part of TWPGA2001?) if so kick that to me i can probably reveal some hidden functions which was reserved for the developers (what a tard do they think we are stupid or what?) also i will enlarge the coordinates field in the status bar which will help a lot.

it does - oh cool!

twpga2000devteam.png
Filename
twpga2000devteam.png
File size
183.84 KiB
Views
File license

hidden image in the architect

there might be ppl who own billions of games, i only own some dozends but i like to play them until i'm dust and ashes.

the main fix for the course architect is that you can create and use own backgrounds and not only the standard set.
it forced me to make long walks in the nature to make countless photos i can use "now" (back then) for the architect.

forces me now to fix the broken power supply of my xp trustworthy winchester board, just to tell you what will help you.

this cool dude makes screenshots using his phone? great!

carpetgolfmouse.png
Filename
carpetgolfmouse.png
File size
3.1 KiB
Views
File license
havepun.png
Filename
havepun.png
File size
6.15 KiB
Views
File license

when i still was married ans my stepson was about 13years i bought a PS3 and TWPGA2004 (for him i bought GTA and had a horrible fight with my wife later, oh c'mon pretty soon he disliked the rude stuff, kids are intelligent, at least as intelligent as their parents), it wasn't the same anymore, i disliked it even with the better graphics, also for twpga2009 for my pc, no it's not the same anymore.

but what sense makes a course editor if every year a new version is released, you already won't have time enough to play a full season if you are employed for work.

maintainer of "Phoenix" (Pioneer Space Sim derivate)
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/phoenix … erivate.506984/