VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Frednoeyes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings All! I've been trying to get Jane's Fighters Anthology working on Windows 7, but it's been uncooperative. Running it in regular Win 95 compatibility mode makes the menus laggy and causes the cutscenes to crash. Trying it with dgVoodoo 2 caused the game to lock up hard. Any suggestions?

Reply 3 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try my custom fix. You'll need MS Application Compatibility Toolkit to use it.

Filename
fa.rar
File size
953 Bytes
Downloads
108 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 8, by Frednoeyes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not really sure if the fix isn't working for me, or if I'm too stupid to implement it correctly, no luck still either way.
Running FA in anything other than Win 95\98 Compatibility mode causes a crash.
Thanks though.

Reply 6 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you tried 1.02 patch and Windows 7 fix?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 7 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Carrera wrote:

What does this fix do exactly?

Basically it sets thread affinity to 1 core, avoiding crashes, while still keeping the mouse movement smooth (jerkyness is a side effect of single thread affinity). It also sets the desktop resolution to 640x480x8 to avoid crashes between missions. I may have set some useless compatibility flags as well, but since it ran stable as a rock, I decided not to remove anything.

Frednoeyes wrote:

Not really sure if the fix isn't working for me, or if I'm too stupid to implement it correctly, no luck still either way.
Running FA in anything other than Win 95\98 Compatibility mode causes a crash.
Thanks though.

You need Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit to be able to use the fix. Just open the fix with MS ACT and install it. Anyway, the official patch 1.02F is highly recommended. And for the colours to show correclty, either Directdraw Compatibility Tool or a batch file to stop explorer.exe while in the game is needed.

Reply 8 of 8, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Jane's FA with the official patch and nocd by Jfkpeterson forums doesnt work well with Dgvoodoo2, it suffers from black screen stuttering bugs

ATF on the Other hand, has no problems with it