VOGONS

Common searches

Sega Worldwide Soccer PC Crashes before match

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I got a copy of Sega Worldwide Soccer, installed it, and it works with Win95 compatibility mode however before the match starts, the game crashes. the problem seems to be ddraw.dll, which worked on a different OS on Win98 compatibility mode. Any workarounds for this? I remember playing this back on the day, and my OS is Win7-X64. This is my first post on Vogons for a very long time.

The Witch will never die!!! At least there is hope.
There's no one but you on my mind, searching for a perfect ending that we'll never find!

Reply 1 of 4, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah that game's a bit tricky. Try dgVoodoo2? I've got the game but can only run DirectDraw not D3D (it is possibly to get in game in D3D but the menus are all black!).

I've also got Worldwide Soccer 98, a Japanese exclusive on PC, which works fine. I think it came out in US as Worldwide Soccer Championship.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 2 of 4, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VirtuaIceMan wrote:

Yeah that game's a bit tricky. Try dgVoodoo2? I've got the game but can only run DirectDraw not D3D (it is possibly to get in game in D3D but the menus are all black!).

I've also got Worldwide Soccer 98, a Japanese exclusive on PC, which works fine. I think it came out in US as Worldwide Soccer Championship.

With the help of the dgvoodoo, I solved the problem by changing the colour mode to 16 bit colour and 640x480 resolution.
Thanks for the advice though, btw, I tried running Sega Worldwide Soccer in direct3d mode, however the Sega logo loops constantly. (About the PC version of Worldwide Soccer 98, the US version of Sega Worldwide Soccer Championship never came out as a full game but as a demo though, or is it?)

The Witch will never die!!! At least there is hope.
There's no one but you on my mind, searching for a perfect ending that we'll never find!

Reply 3 of 4, by MDashK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VirtuaIceMan wrote on 2019-06-30, 18:37:

Hey VirtuaIceMan, how are you?

Sorry for the necro-bump.

Do you happen to still have the Worldwide Soccer 98 japanese PC game? I've been searching for it for some time, but without much luck. There also seems to be no redump or similar of the game.
Was really curious to know if the game is a straight port of the Saturn version to the PC or different. Would you be so kind to share with me some screenshots from the title screen, menus, gameplay and such, or even maybe some info on acquiring the game?

I was able to acquire the Worldwide Soccer Championship US PC version of the game. If you're interested, I can also share some information with you.

Thank you very much.
Best regards.