VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know that many of us are working on it and it's possible in some games (all the Jane's series) by using the Shrinker flag in ACT. But is there a fix that could work for most games that require it?

Reply 1 of 2, by mrpenguinb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
filipetolhuizen wrote:

I know that many of us are working on it and it's possible in some games (all the Jane's series) by using the Shrinker flag in ACT. But is there a fix that could work for most games that require it?

Not sure if I get what you mean by single thread affinity or the Shrinker flag in Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT)

You could try and use ImageCFG (set processor limit in an application itself). Download it here: https://robpol86.com/imagecfg.html
To install it, just place the imagecfg.exe in like C:\Windows\System32 (or somewhere else) which can be easily accessed via the Command Prompt.

An example of the program being used (single-core application affinity):
"imagecfg -u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament\System\unrealtournament.exe"

Reply 2 of 2, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some games have stuttering/latency problems when running on single core/processor/thread affinity. I was just wondering if someone found a workaround for that as mine only works for certain games.