VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi!

would anyone know at all how i can enable the 3dfx option for ipanzer '44? the readme mentions its availability and even gives a command line setting

c:\i-magic\panzer\panzer.exe -vtarget 3dfx

i am using Nglide primarily but perhaps dgvoodoo might work - i any case, i have teh game working somewhat with the directdraw settng and in windows 10 but 3dfx would be best i think and probably would be the most stable

Reply 1 of 8, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It has been many years since I had the game installed, but I know there is a Version 1.10 official patch from Interactive Magic. Did you apply that? The filename for the patch is ipanz110.zip

Reply 2 of 8, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ah okay, - my version is 1.08. I found that 1.10 patch, but unfortunately the patch is an exe that doesnt work in windows 10. i made the exe into a rar to open it, but inside is a setup.lid file which i think would need to opened up further to get teh patch contents out - is there a way to do this?

edit - actually that lid file is only 48 bytes but the whoe patch is 17mg so i really understand how that could be, but i guess i cant really open up the file to get teh patched files out of it to put int the ipanzer folder

Reply 3 of 8, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since iPanzer '44 isn't listed in the nGlide compatibility list, it might pay to ask your question in the nGlide forum. In any event, I imagine Zeus might be interested in your results with the game as a starting point for support.

Reply 4 of 8, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

thanks for s the suggestion, yes i might ask there, though i dont want to burden Zeus anymore, as there has been an ongoign effort over the years to get M1 Tank Platoons glide working and that is still broken

Reply 5 of 8, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No "glide" or "grGlideInit" in binary files...
Looks like a false positive - the game is software/d3d only.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 6 of 8, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

thanks - that is very interesting as the readme for it goes into some detail listing hte 3dfx cards and their compatibility - strange why the shipped version is missing this and the patches lack it to from what i can tell - never mind, i do have it working well enough in windows 10 on software setting now

Reply 7 of 8, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"-vtarget 3dfx" just selects Voodoo1/Voodoo2 as the main ddraw/d3d videocard for this game.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 8 of 8, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

oh okay - perhaps that as helped me tough, as before i couldnt get te game running stable in any graphic setting prior to adding that command line, and now it runs decently in ddraw

just wis now i could get iF-22 working, and also iM1a2 (it runs too fast )