VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ZFR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found my old demo version of Lords of the Realm 2 that I played when I was younger but never managed to finish. It's a 2 player map that's not available in the full version.

Using Windows 7.

All message boxes disappear very quickly (half a second or so)before I get the chance to start reading them. Unlike the full version, there is no voiceover in the demo.

Any way of slowing it down? Of the old thread here:
List of Slowdown Utilities
Most utilities mentioned are very outdated.

I tried running on Windows 3.x over DOSBox, but get an "Unexpected Error: 21".

Reply 3 of 4, by ZFR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Davros wrote:

Are you going to tell us what it is ?

Yes, sorry as I said I wasn't sure if I'm allowed to post links since I didn't want this to be taken as spam.

What worked for me was BES.
http://mion.faireal.net/BES/

Setting the value to 99% slowdown caused the speed to be good, but music became choppy. However, after reading their website, I got the solution.
"To Gamers: Adjust the Sleep/Awake Cycle in [Control] so that the video won’t get jumpy/choppy. You may want to try a very small value."

In Control, setting the cycle to 20ms seems to work fine for me. Lower than that increases speed, higher causes choppy music.

With 99% slowdown and 20ms sleep/wake cycle it works almost perfectly for me. A few animations are still faster than they should like cows in the field and flags, but overall it's very good.