VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by debpes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the 4-cd version of TLJ and I am unable to install it.

System: Win XP Home (SP2) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop (2.0 MHZ, 256 RAM).

Already tried: Skipped the launcher and ran setup.exe directly. Tried all the combinations of the compatibility mode. Nothing helps. Setup file never launches (get that little cute old hourglass for a few seconds and then nothing).

I downloaded MS ACT 3.0, but I have no idea how to use it.

I so want to play this game. Short of getting another computer, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the advice and moral support.

Reply 2 of 6, by Derag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh geez...I recently bought this and it worked fine for me. I'll see if I can dig anything up for you. Good luck, though...it's such a brilliant game. Have you played it before? A sequel is coming out towards the end of this year! 😁

That's 2.0 GHz, btw, not MHz. 😀

Reply 3 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Last time I tried it the game launcher wouldn't work. Running game.exe in the game directory worked fine.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 6, by debpes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think the game is great. I figured out how to install it, although I'm sorry to say that I don't remember how I did it. I haven't spent a lot of time playing, but I'm really enjoying it (although I better finish up before the sequel lures me in)

Reply 6 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know if this applys to XP home, but, are you tying to install it with administrator rights? The game and launcher work fine for me on XP Pro 32. The game crashes when I try to load a saved game or start a new game in XP64, though. A sequel would be great.