Topic actions

Reply 120 of 125, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SpinalBlood wrote on 2020-06-18, 02:15:
ZellSF wrote on 2020-06-16, 13:49:
Did you read the later post I made? There's a winmm patcher that might be easier: https://w.atwiki.jp/nectaris/pages/22.html Ass […]
Show full quote
SpinalBlood wrote on 2020-06-08, 02:29:

I would like to write more about this since I had this problem for years in the past, until I followed the instructions in 2014 and they worked for me;

Did you read the later post I made? There's a winmm patcher that might be easier:
https://w.atwiki.jp/nectaris/pages/22.html
Assuming it forwards all other winmm events correctly (cdda music and gamepad support are often controlled by winmm) which I haven't had time to test.

SpinalBlood wrote:

For Windows 7 64bit I manually did the modify in mciseq.dll in the Syswow64 folder

Overwriting the system file might not be necessary, it wasn't for Nectaris, I could just place a modified mciseq.dll in the game's directory.

Micro Machines V3 is another game that has the same problem.

Sorry I missed the post. Since my last OS reinstall I didn't tweak with the mciseq file yet, so I tried to put mciseq.dll in the screensavers (with midi included) folder and... it worked, I didn't think about this clever solution (it's true that often games can start with some dll in its folder rather than in windows system itself...) Thank you

About the winmm patcher I don't quite get how it works; I must patch that dll with the exe then put it in the app of choice folder?

You patch the game exe with winm_patcher (drag and drop the game's exe over the patcher) and then place winm_.dll in the game directory.

Reply 121 of 125, by SpinalBlood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have tried with a certain game but it doesn't seem to be working

Maybe the patcher is designed only for nectaris?

If I drag&drop the exe, after I press enter the windows closes and it looks like the exe file has not been touched

But anyway the mciseq.dll "in-folder "solution is very handy and seems working so that is more than enough (at least with the "freeze programs" that I have encountered so far)

Reply 123 of 125, by Discrete_BOB_058

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Jane's USNF doesnt work

YouTube Channel:
DEADHistory Walkthroughs

PC SPECS:-
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC Edition
RAM: 8GB*2 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450M