VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 47, by Endroz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Snover,

my web space is hosted by Lycos, which is indeed very cheap. But, I've not yet found a better solution, due to the fact that most providers would not let me upload .EXE or .RAR files. Or they ask you to connect to the net using their ISP. If you know of a decent hosting out there please let me know.

Regarding the patch, it has been made for the latest CD version of the game (the collection one). Yours sounds like one of the first CD releases of the game. I planned to support all CD version at first, but I wasn't able to find anyone that owned the version you got in the end. Therefore if you would like support for your version, please send me a detailed directory listing of your GK CD and I'll see what I can do. To make a listing you will need to use a specific program, such as File Tree Printer:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/ … ee_Printer.html

Visit my site:

http://gkpatches.vogons.org

Reply 21 of 47, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Everything else works fine; that icon file was the only exception.
Please send me a PM regarding hosting.
I have attached a full listing of all files on the CD.

Attachments

• Filename
    GK1orig-filelist.txt
    File size
    33.49 KiB
    Downloads
    274 downloads
    File comment
    Directory listing (and subdirectory listing) for GK1 CD.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 22 of 47, by Endroz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, you've got new mail. 😀

I've checked the listing. Looks like there are a few minor differences, besides that missing icon. But none of them is a problem for my update to work.

Visit my site:

Reply 25 of 47, by Pat Stone

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Endroz wrote:

I've checked the listing. Looks like there are a few minor differences, besides that missing icon. But none of them is a problem for my update to work.

Hi Endroz,

found your Site today & tried both patches for GK 1 but they don´t work on my version. It´s the english 93 CD-Release with german subtitles. I attached the list of files. A few files like "gkcheck" & "readme" aren´t listed by Filetree. Don´t know why.

Attachments

• Filename
    filetree.txt
    File size
    1.83 KiB
    Downloads
    213 downloads
    File comment
    GK1 english talkie with ger subs
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 26 of 47, by Endroz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am sorry, but the German version is not supported by the installer. It's not just a matter of subtitles.

You can try installing it anyway, but I won't guarantee it to work.

Visit my site:

Reply 28 of 47, by Endroz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Try increasing the Midi volume in the Windows Control Panel audio mixer. Make sure that you're able to listen to midi files in other programs or using the dxdiag DirectX configuration tool. Hope this helps.

Visit my site:

Reply 30 of 47, by Jada

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I run Windows 2000 and used your patch but I keep coming up with the following error when I install: Source File D:\GK1.ICO does not exist.
Then it comes up with General Protection Fault Module KRNL386.EXE at 0001:9FF7 and shuts down when I try to play.
I used to play this on Windows 98 without at problem but the voice's are all muffled on 2000.
Hope you can help as I would love to play this again, it's a great game.
Thanks in advance

Reply 33 of 47, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was thrilled to find your download but when I tried to install it could not find my CD. Apparently it was looking in either D:\ or E:\, neither of which are my
CD/DVD drive. I tried to manually copy the files it would not copy but that created a crash when I try to run the game so I am assuming that your installer makes some changes to the files. Is there a way to specify the location of your DVD drive?

Thanks for trying;
David

Reply 34 of 47, by TLC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am having the same problems with character voices and system error messages as Jada. I uninstalled and tried to re-install the gk1 patch- but now i get "file not found" when I click on the link. Help!

Reply 36 of 47, by TLC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry- I must have clicked on the wrong link. i just hit the one in the signature- you had helped someone with a similar issue. It had been awhile since someone posted i wasn't sure if these messages threads were still being monitored. My apologies.

Reply 37 of 47, by Lorand

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,the patch was ver very great thanks.But I want ask something about the pixel of the game I know its a old game but,is there something to make the resolution 1024x768? or any program like scummvm.I can I have 20" monitor and the graphics are not so fine for me.because the game supporting 640x480..is there any solve for this pixel or any program for it?..Thanks

Reply 38 of 47, by missy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I'm having sort of the same problem as Hazekel I guess. I've downloaded the patch without any problem but when I try to run it, it keeps telling me to insert the cd into the drive. Now I've tried both my drives but it doesn't seem to find any cd. I've tried most of your suggestions in problem solving but nothing seems to be wrong with the cd itself. I've been able to install the cd itself, but when I start the game, my mouse arrow only works on the icon bar at the top of the screen but not on the game itself. So there is nothing to play. I guess that is why you would need that patch? Could you help me out here? I've been dying to try this game ever since I played Gabriel Knight 3. Thanx!!!