VOGONS

Common searches

Space Quest Collection (2006) Windows

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This game works in Windows. Why does the EULA bring up DOSBox? This is not a DOS game. I understand how the EULA misleads. But, please.

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 5 of 10, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ScummVM has nothing to do with VDMSound. The first one supports playing adventure games for/on multiple platforms while the last is a partial replacement for NTVDM which emulates several devices needed mostly for games.

Reply 6 of 10, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The main thing to notice about these games is that the copy protection for Space Quest I and V come at the end of the manual come after the instructions for each game. These sections solve otherwise insoluble puzzles. The manual is on the disc.

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 7 of 10, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dnewhous wrote on 2020-08-18, 23:57:

The main thing to notice about these games is that the copy protection for Space Quest I and V come at the end of the manual come after the instructions for each game. These sections solve otherwise insoluble puzzles. The manual is on the disc.

I think the copy protection and the game must be run in the same environment, so thats probably why it brings up dosbox in eula

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 8 of 10, by jmarsh

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dnewhous wrote on 2020-08-18, 19:52:

This game works in Windows. Why does the EULA bring up DOSBox? This is not a DOS game. I understand how the EULA misleads. But, please.

The games are run using DOSBox, that's how they "work" in windows.
It's a pretty old version of DOSBox too, likes to randomly crash after playing for a while.