VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can greatly reduce crackling by enabling EAX with Creative Alchemy but not completely, sometimes it can be heard, especially during voice clips. Tinkering with buffering and latency does not help.
i5, GTX 970, W10/64bit, X-fi Xtreme Gamer, GoG version of Undying.

Reply 1 of 5, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KainXVIII wrote on 2020-08-24, 09:42:

I can greatly reduce crackling by enabling EAX with Creative Alchemy but not completely, sometimes it can be heard, especially during voice clips. Tinkering with buffering and latency does not help.

Did you try an ollversion of EAX? Some games run better without problems on old versions

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 5, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-08-24, 12:03:

Did you try an ollversion of EAX? Some games run better without problems on old versions

Like how much older? I have ALchemy 1.45.20 installed for now.

Reply 3 of 5, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KainXVIII wrote on 2020-08-24, 12:19:
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-08-24, 12:03:

Like how much older? I have ALchemy 1.45.20 installed for now.

It is hard to say, but you can try from the time of win7.or.win 8. Moreover the alchemy support list doesn't have the game. Did you try on a Google search?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 4 of 5, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have had this same issue. It is caused by the Reverb effect. I have found two ways that fixed it. One you can just go into the system.ini and disable reverb under galaxy audio. The other method is more of a crapshoot and that is uninstalling and reinstalling the game seems to fix it sometimes.

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 5 of 5, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Presbytier wrote on 2020-08-26, 00:17:

I have had this same issue. It is caused by the Reverb effect. I have found two ways that fixed it. One you can just go into the system.ini and disable reverb under galaxy audio. The other method is more of a crapshoot and that is uninstalling and reinstalling the game seems to fix it sometimes.

Thanks, i will try it!